- Providing reference assistance to patrons;
- Helping patrons in the computer lab;
- Discharging (i.e., checking-in) returned items that will not be processed by our new automatic discharge station;
- Pulling holds;
- Re-tagging collection items with new RFID labels;
- Performing special projects; and
- Whatever else Boss Lady tells them to do.
As for moi, I'll be happy to teach my minions the finer points to this roving game. After all, I've been official feline roving reporter at MPL for over two years. Come to think of it, I can simplify matters. Here's what our new RIS circulators should be doing: