- Casey at the Bat;
- Photo Ops for Casey et al.;
- Savvy Takes the Teen Reins;
- Savvy Book Reviews (New Blog)
Click to bigify the images below.
- Savvy: "The Pizza Hut Book It! Summer Reading Program! I would leave the library with a stack of books half as tall as I was, and I got so excited when I won a prize for finishing my book!"
- Casey: "My school librarian reading the book Tikki Tikki Tembo to my class. It's still one of my favorite books."
- Casey: "The staff works really hard, truly cares about the community, and loves to laugh!"
- Savvy: "I love the people I work with. They're all so awesome, and they've been so great as I get to know my new role as Teen Librarian. I love working with the teens; it's awesome to see them get excited about our programs and books. I love being surrounded by all these books! Quot libros, quam breve tempus."
Could that be any more microscopic? Zoom, if you please.
P.S. "Landslide," by Fleetwood Mac, is my favorite Stevie Nicks song. It appeared on the group's self-titled album (1975). There must be a gazillion YouTube videos capturing live performances, if you're interested in watching. Fleetwood Mac was the premiere rock group of the mid-1970s. You had to be there to best appreciate the sheer majesty of the band's musical productivity.
P.P.S. "What the Water Gave Me," by Florence and the Machine, appeared on the band's second studio album, Ceremonials (2011). The song is performed at 133 beats per minute--I counted--which makes it pretty incredible by itself. I don't often hear art rock and indie pop featuring harps and guitars. This music video was filmed (in part) at Abbey Road Studios. Great vibes in that sacred place.